Stitched today.

I wanted to give you an update on 'Ediths House', the quilt I am working on for my newest grandaughter.

Progress is slow as I am working on teaching projects at the same time.

Today I have been working on a sample that will be made into a kit.
I love working with wool felt and I am trying to keep the colours in vintage shades.
This little heart is a case to protect my scissor points.
I'm going to be hand dying some wool to get the sort of colours I love.

As promised a peak at the quilt....
Flowers in the garden,


The Rowan tree....


and now I'm embroidering the applique border, adding lots of lazy daisy flowers, could be a while with this...

Pop over to The Mouse House to see the little English Mouse I've been working on. She was lovely to work on..

xox Angela

Comments

Victorian1885 said…
What a lovely quilt..she is one lucky little girl to have such a talented Grama!
Jillayne said…
What a beautiful heart! I love the soft colour and your stitching is beautiful. And the quilt you are making looks wonderful too - hope you show pictures when all is said and done...
And, I am so glad you changed the commenting format - every so often I try - always the optimist - and was delighted to see you had changed to this format. Now I can comment to my heart's content!
Angela, The quilt is so adorable! I love everything you've added. I wish I had anything handmade from my grandma but she didn't do any handiwork.
Your scissors case is beautiful too.
Hugs,
Julia
Anonymous said…
Darling quilt, Angela! Im sure she's going to love it...and the heart is so very sweet. Did I hear mention that they will be made in to 'kits'...are they for sale?
Okio B Designs said…
I just found your blog and am in LOVE! Can't wait to browse around! And of course, I'm your newest follower!

Jeanine
so pretty! I love the colors! the quilt is so sweet too!
You certainly are keeping busy. I would love to spend a few days with you learning to sew. I much prefer the hands on approach with a live person rather than watching a video on the computer. Your work is so beautiful! have a great week. Tammy
Dorthe said…
Angela, your quilt is so sweet and beautiful, and I love your soft coloured heart, -everything made so lovely.
Hugs,Dorthe

Popular posts from this blog

Progress on the Christmas quilt.

Say Hello to Maggie Lowe Designs

Using every last scrap.