Only a Rose.

Only a Rose is the title of my upcoming workshop at Stitch and Craft in London this month.

I'll be teaching my way of making pretty rolled fabric roses that can be used to embellish so many things.

I've been busy making samples to show different ways to use them.

Today I finished another bag.
 The base is made from some heavy Hungarian linen that I found at
 'A Vintage Rummage Sale' last Saturday.

This is the back of the bag, you can see the lovely texture of the fabric.The lace came from the same sale and is just the right shade of cream.

I've used a vintage chair back for the flap along with more lace and some fringing. The roses are different shades of aged white with added pearls. The 'tassel' is  pieces of sari silk grouped together and tied in a knot.

I also made a fringe with seam binding ribbon which has been aged slightly with walnut ink.

I love the creamy colours of this bag, I hope my pictures do it justice.

My final sample is another necklace in shades of lilac and lavender.


I used a piece of hand dyed Mulberry bark which I felted with silk waste before adding the different texture roses. I've used tiny seed beads and french knots to fill in some of the natural holes in the Mulberry bark. To make the cord I've used seam binding ribbon and over stitched it on my machine before adding the clasp.

All the samples are finished, just a few more kits to finish and then I'm all ready.

Have a great week.
xox Angela.

Comments

Anneke said…
wow, i am speakless.
very beautiful bag and layers of lace on it.
greetings from ann
Bri said…
Wow this is so cool! Your work is beautiful!
Judith said…
The roses are beautiful Angela. Just wish I'd arranged my trip to London a couple of weeks earlier now. Sorry to be missing out on the chance to do your workshop. Hope all goes well. Judith x
Dorthe said…
Dear Angela, your bag is stunning, so beautiful, and the little roses so sweet- what a fantastic work- also love the necklace in lilac tones.
Hugs,Dorthe
Wow--what beautiful work you do! I couldn't get your link to work on White Wednesday so I came here manually because the handbag is so pretty! I am going to follow you now and see what other beautiful things you create!
Anonymous said…
Your work is stunning! Love the roses and little bag, your blog is very pretty!
Dear Angela WOW your bag is so wonderfully made love everything about it, fantastic beautiful necklace.
Hugs Anni
What a gorgeous bag Angela with all that beautiful linen, fringing, seam binding and your very special roses to adorn the front. It is so beautiful!
Love your necklace all dyed with that mulberry shade - such a pretty colour and the roses to match.
Your needlework is fantastic dear friend.
Thank you for such a lovely comment left about my birthday and friendship.
Have a lovely weekend coming up.
Big hugs,
Suzy
What a gorgeous bag! I love the lovely lace and roses. You are a wizard! We'd love to have you link it to our party and show it off!
Hugs,
Patti
Jillayne said…
Oh my Angela - these are just beautiful! I love your rolled roses and they are perfect for each of these projects. Good luck with your classes!
Hi Angela, hope all is well over there. We are still having dust, dust, and more dust. Ugh! Good reason to stay home this weekend in pajamas. :) Your roses and bags and necklaces are absolutely gorgeous. Lucky folks who get to take your class and learn some fabulous techniques. Best wishes, Tammy
Barbara Jean said…
Angela,
It is beyond beautiful!!

I know all will love your class.
blessings
barbara jean
Cheryl said…
Angela your work is beautiful, Where do you give your lessons in London. Please let me know, I would love to sign up for one of your classes.

Popular posts from this blog

Progress on the Christmas quilt.

Using every last scrap.

Say Hello to Maggie Lowe Designs