Roses round my door.

I've been thinking about designing some appliqué pictures. In my drive to use all of my left over scraps from recent projects this little house popped into my head.




    Who wouldn't want to live in a pretty little house with 'Roses round the door''and where the sun always shines on a lovely garden.

I used some more left over fabric which has been fused to a linen background then free machined in place.
There's lots of hand embroidery with Bullion roses climbing up the house wall, trees and flowers in the garden and a pin-wheel sun shining.


I've stretched the linen over an artists canvas ready to hang on the wall.
Wouldn't it be delightful in a little girls room?

I recently bought two vintage French baby collars, they are hand made and very pretty.



I added a little hand embroidery to this one. it looks like a bib here so I'm not sure of it's original use.


here it looks more like a collar, what do you think?



I've put this picture in so you can see that the edging has been beautifully hand rolled and stitched. Some one has spent many hours making these.

Both of these will be in my Etsy shop soon.
 
                                       Now still more scraps to use... so I'm back to stitching.

                                                                      xox Angela.




Comments

Your projects are just beautiful!
Createology said…
Such a lovely little Rose Cottage. Those little collars are simply bliss. Creative Hearts are Happy Hearts...
these are all so sweet and delicate. Love the beautiful canvas too! :)

Nancy
Judith said…
The little rose cottage is beautiful and the collars were a great find. So sweet! Judith x
Tammy said…
A lovely way to use up those scraps. Pretty embroidery, too. Sending warm wishes your way for a cozy weekend. Tammy

Popular posts from this blog

Progress on the Christmas quilt.

Say Hello to Maggie Lowe Designs

Using every last scrap.