Beautiful lampshades.

I can't resist turning my plain lampshades into something gorgeous and feminine.


 I found this one in a skip whilst out walking with my Grandson. As I paused to look at it he said ''Oh No Nana'' and walked quickly down the street. I asked the friendly builders if I could take it away and looking at me sadly they said ''Please do.''

I've covered some marks with pieces of lace and added some sumptuous bead fringing using my glue gun. Finally some pretty velvet pansies finish the look.

So if you have a plain lampshade...

Just add a bead fringe....and a pretty rose....

 What a difference...

I've put together some kits so you can start to play....


  Fairy pink fringe and a cabbage rose...

Fairy pink fringe and a velvet and organza rose....


 Velvet and organza rose with Tiffany pearl fringe....
Jet and sage fringe with a Camellia....

Pearl fringe with a Camellia....

and finally three exquisite Vintage style Velvet and Organza Roses...

It's oh so easy to create that romantic vintage look, it only takes a few minutes and a little glue or stitching. 
find these in my Etsy shop.

Have fun.
xox Angela.

Comments

Vintage Jane said…
Clever you ... it looks gorgeous!
lynn cockrell said…
How totally gorgeous!
johala said…
Oh I love the way you transformed this lampshade! It's georgeous! May I ask you, where do you find so marvelous beads fringes!
Hugs
Dorthe said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dorthe said…
They looks so beautiful, dear Angela -
Romantic and lovely, and the one you found on your walk, is wonderful, in creame-green and red!- a fantastic transformation!
Hugs,Dorthe
Love that shade Angela.Just letting you know that you have won the giveaway on my blog.Please email me with your address.
thanks Judy
Liz said…
Angela, i love this idea, very clever and the shades are gorgeous x, love Liz x
johala said…
Thanks Angela for your answer, it's very kind!
I look for fringes on the web, but all I found was really expensive when they're beautiful!
But I don't need it immediatly, so I'll wait.
I love what you do and your blog too
Hugs and kisses

Popular posts from this blog

Progress on the Christmas quilt.

Using every last scrap.

Say Hello to Maggie Lowe Designs