Pink rose journal ready to embellish.

I like the idea of a very basic journal with fabric and paper pages.


I just love this fabric with it's pretty Old English roses, I can almost smell the scent in a beautiful walled garden...the cover is ready for embellishing so that's where I'll start.

 Inside the front cover is a double layer of wadding overlaid with a piece of vintage linen. this will be my mini design wall where I can pin some ideas. Next is a pocket page with a piece of lace.. what can I do with this?  add a piece of lace to the edge? stitch some beads to the lace motive? hide something special in the pocket??


 the paper pages will be my design sketchbook for all things pale pink, think pretty flowers, soft petals, exquisite threads...


 I'm starting at the front and working through the book , it will be a wonderful source of inspiration.

I also made a pretty pouch to keep my bits and pieces before they are added to the book, simple folding and a little hand embroidery, all the things I love..


I've taken a piece of cut work from a piece of vintage linen and stitched over the top with French knots along with whipped straight stitch and lazy daisy leaves.

This is a lovely project that I am working on prior to teaching a  Journals class in Devon at the end of June. I've been before and they are lovely ladies so I know that it will be a great day.

                                                    Have a good week all, Happy Stitching

                                                               xox Angela.

Comments

Dorthe said…
My dear Angela,
I love the embroidered french knots, such a beautiful accent to add to your pouch!
And the book is very beautiful started with the romantic rose fabric, the laces and white pages ,-to which you can return every time you have something sweet and rosy to add!
I wish you happy hours playing and working with this lovely book!
Hugs and love, Dorthe
Shirley said…
Now I can see what you were going to do with that gorgeous fabric Angela. It is even more prettier with your touches added to it.
Hi Angela:
Your new journal is already lovely. I'm looking forward to seeing more!
xo
Donna
I was just looking at your prev post, and saw what you did to that lampshade.It looks great now!I love bringing things back from plain to fabulous!
That is going to be so pretty--I love that fabric!
So romantic and elegant Angela, your journal is so wonderful.
Hugs Anni
Diane Porazzo said…
The fabric is beautiful....your work is gorgeous.
Diane@babiesbridesandlavender
Hi Dear Angela
What a sweet Rose journal you have created for yourself. The very book itself with provide you with heaps of inspiration - it so very pretty!
You certainly have some lovely rose fabric and love also the little pouch
(more gorgeous fabric!) to keep all those inspirational pieces in ready for use.
The whole idea is great. You know I don't even have one for myself either! Perhaps I should make one too.
Sending hugs,
Suzy
Anonymous said…
Ever since I was on my puberty days, I’ve always adored lovely fabrics and embroidered designs such as those. Looking at the photos makes me reminisce the old days. They are simply stunning that words of compliment are not enough. Thanks a lot for sharing! Keep up the good work!

Please visit My Webblog: PhD in Education
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

Progress on the Christmas quilt.

Using every last scrap.

Say Hello to Maggie Lowe Designs