A new look.

I've given my blog a new simpler look and hope you like it. I've been 'awol' for so long so it's good to say Hello…

I'm loving my course at Somerset College of Art and Design, it's hard work and very time consuming but it's wonderful to be part of such a inspiring and creative environment.

My stitching has taken a back seat to painting and drawing but as it's the holidays I gave myself a little treat .
I designed and embroidered this little Etui.






 It took a while to decide on how to work on the construction, but then came the real pleasure of  stitching the design.





The pearls make the edges look pretty too


The pockets are to hold your stitching needs and the centre is a little pincushion.

2014 will be busy for me but I'm looking forward to it.

Happy New year to you all too.
xox Angela.




Comments

Nancy in MT said…
I was wondering if I had just missed some posts so glad to read that all is well and you have been busy with new creative projects. Love the clean and stylish look of your blog and you new piece, the Etui, is gorgeous.

Have a wonderful New Year!

Nancy in a very cold MT
Hello Dear Angela,
So nice to see you back here with your new look blog. I think it's so uplifting at times to make these small changes in line with how are creativity changes.
Happy to hear that you are gaining lots of inspiration from Art and Design college taking you into new fields of ideas and experimentation.
I wish you lots of luck and love your new little Etui so beautifully sewn and beaded. It must be a fulfilling project after what you have been doing.
Hugs from downunder,
Suzy
Shirley said…
Happy New Year Angela. Hope you are surviving the wet and windy weather. Will meet you for a cuppa in the new year. Good luck with the college course and the etui looks beautiful.x
lynn cockrell said…
Your piece is simply beautiful! I think the pearls are definitely the finishing touch. Amazing! Happy New Year!
Angela these are so sweet. Love the stitching and the heart buttons so much!
Wishing you a blessed and Happy New Year,
Suzy

Popular posts from this blog

Progress on the Christmas quilt.

Say Hello to Maggie Lowe Designs

Using every last scrap.